Parks and Recreation Board
The Parks and Recreation Board is made up of dedicated and committed volunteers who work hard all year long to make the Resort Village a great place to live and visit by:
- building awareness and direction for programs to promote healthy living.
- developing and maintaining sports, recreation and cultural programs.
- developing and enhancing public reserve lands for the betterment of our community.
Board Mission: To enhance the quality of life in our Resort Village by providing and maintaining quality parks and green spaces, offering a range of innovative and accessible programming, and providing opportunities for physical activity, social interaction and community involvement.
Board Vision: To create a healthy lifestyle and activities to enhance Candle Lake through the development of sports, recreation, active living, parks and wildlife programs by partnering with people & community groups of Candle Lake and The Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association (SPRA).
Just a few of the activities the Parks and Recreation Board organizes and manages:
- Fraser Markham - Chairperson
- Andrea Crowdis - Parks & Recreation Manager
- Colleen Lavoie - Vice Chairperson
- Debra Hunter - RVCL Council Representative
- Sheri Carson - Treasurer
- Twyla Markham - Sailing Club Rep / Community Garden Rep
- Estelle Sowinski - Community Garden Rep / Health Board Rep / Sno'drifters Rep / Fitness
- Dolly Kellett - Member at large
- Faye McKay - Member at large
- Michelle Korol - Member at large
- Bev Huziek - Member at large
- Terri MacDonald- Member at large
Interested in joining the Parks and Recreation Board?
The Board is always looking for new members. Contact Fraser Markham at (306) 929-4707 or email@example.com. Meetings are held monthly.