Responding to Heavy Snowfalls
After a major snowfall, Resort Village staff and contractors if required, work hard to remove snow as quickly as possible.
Our crews respond to major snowfalls in the following ways:
- Clear main streets to be safely passable by emergency vehicles and motorists.
- Clear bus and waste collection routes to be safely passable for busses and trucks.
- Spread salt sand in icy and slippery areas.
- Clear and haul snow from residential areas to allow for safe access for emergency and residential vehicles.
- Haul accumulated snow to ensure adequate drainage on our roadways.
The Resort Village is currently preparing a Snowfall Response Policy to be in place for the 2022-23 winter season.