Main content of the website

Building & Development

Starting a Project at the Resort Village of Candle Lake?

Building and Development Permits are required for most types of construction or development within the Resort Village of Candle Lake.

The Building Permit ensures that all construction and renovation projects comply with the minimum standards prescribed in the National Building Code, National Fire Code and the National Energy Code of Canada

The Resort Village also has a Building Bylaw  through which the municipality administers the regulations under the Saskatchewan Construction Codes Act.

Development permits are required for changes to the land use (e.g. restaurant to retail business), intensity of use (an addition to a home or a new detached garage), excavation, fill, demolition and building removal.

Development projects must also comply with the standards and regulations within the Resort Village of Candle Lake Zoning Bylaw which administers The Planning and Development Act, 2007.

Related Forms

Click here for more helpful tools related to building and development.

Docks and Boat Lifts

A restricted number of dock permits were issued in 2018/2019. No new dock permits will be issued by the Resort Village. If you have a current dock permit and wish to install a new dock or boat lift, please use the application form below. An Aquatic Habitat Protection Permit may be required from Water Security Agency.

Dock and boat lift fees must be paid by July 31 each year. A failure to do so will result in a permanent revocation of the permit.

Dock, Boat Lift and Watercraft Application

Dock, Boat Lift and Watercraft Bylaw

Fees & Deposits 

There are fees for permits, services, and other deposits required depending on the project you are proposing.  Some common fees and deposits are established for the following:

Coming Soon!

The Resort Village is currently developing a Building Guide and a Development Guide which will provide all of the information you need about building and development in the Resort Village.

  • RVCL Building Guide (under development)
  • RVCL Development Guide (under development)

If you have any questions regarding Building & Development Permits, please contact the Manager of Planning and Development at or call (306) 929-2236.