Garbage Pick Up
Garbage must be bagged and stored in containers with the lids securely fastened and placed at the street side by 8:00 a.m. on the morning of your pick-up. Only regular household garbage will be pick up.
Please note: Items like grass clippings, leaves, building materials, fish filleting remains, large cardboard boxes, etc. will not be picked up with your regular household garbage.
Summer Hours at the Resort Village Landfill (Effective May 9, 2022)
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Thursday and stat holidays: Closed
- Closed 12:00 -12:30 p.m. for lunch
Please follow the instructions of the landfill attendant prior to dropping off your materials.
Landfill Gate Fees
|Small Household||No Charge||$5.00|
|Pickup Small Trailer Household & Yard||No Charge||$50.00|
|Single Axle Truck (1 ton)||$20.00||$40.00|
|Tandem Axle Truck||$40.00||$100.00|
|End Dump Truck||$80.00||$150.00|
Fees for Large Items
- Camper Trailers: $75.00
- Appliances (stoves, washers, dryer, microwave): $10.00
- Fridges, Freezers, Water Coolers, Air Conditioners (with tag verifying Freon removal): $10.00
- Fridges, Freezers, Water Coolers, Air Conditioners (no tag verifying Freon removal): $50.00
- Barbeques, Lawn Movers, Bikes, Televisions, Computers: $10.00
- Mattresses, Beds, Couches, Toilets, Bathtubs: $20.00
- Trailers (truck box, boat), Truck Caps: $40.00
- Small boats, Paddle Boats, Canoes: $20.00
- Other Large Items Not Listed Above: $40.00
- Local Retail/Commercial Business: $250.00
- Local Industrial Contractors Annual: $300.00
- Non-Local Contractors will be charged two times regular rates
- Cabin / Building Demolition - As per loads and fee schedule - in compliance with Bylaw 17-2011 - Building Demolition Bylaw
- Illegal dumping in the landfill: $100.00
- Illegal dumping and littering throughout the Resort Village: Up to $1000.00
Compost (grass, leaves, garden material, branches): No Charge
Recycling is picked up by Greenland Waste.
Communities in Bloom Committee manages the Recycling Building at the landfill, as well as recycling barrels set up a various locations through the Resort Village including the Provincial Park beaches, Tempo, Candle Lake Market, Candle Lake Golf Resort, Pineview Car Wash, Mariner's Cove, Nobles Point, Misty Meadows and the Resort Village Grounds.The
The cans and bottles are collected and sorted by volunteers and transported to Sarcan in Prince Albert. Funds raised are used for CIB Projects. Cans and bottles, milk jugs, cartons and juice containers can also be left at the Recycling Building. Paper, carboard, tin cans, paint cans, batteries and empty propane bottles can be left at the Landfill Collection Bins free of charge.